Leadership Little Traverse
To inspire and prepare leaders in the Little Traverse Bay Region.
Goals for Participants
This program will:
- Enhance skills through a broad-based cirriculum addressing the components of effective leadership
- Provide exposure to community challenges and opportunities for solutions
- Furnish opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Increase understanding of the various sectors of the community and how they relate and interact
This program will:
- Identify existing and emerging leaders in the Little Traverse Bay area and provide them with leadership skills training
- Foster participation in community service by increasing the number and quality of volunteer leaders who serve on boards, commissions, and public office
- Encourage better community communication and more long-range thinking
- Build the strength of our community leadership
- Develop leadership management skills within the business community
Leadership Little Traverse is open to anyone with an interest in learning about and becoming involved in the community. No more than 16 individuals will be selected to participate. Participants must attend all sessions and activities.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee. A personal interview may be required as part of the selection process.
Application process is closed at this time.
|May through July||Applications Available|
|July 18, 2014||Application Deadline|
|August 15, 2014||Class Selected|
|September 10 & 11, 2014||Session One|
|October 9, 2014||Session Two|
|November 13, 2014||Session Three|
|December 11, 2014||Session Four|
|January 8, 2015||Session Five|
|February 12, 2015||Session Six|
|March 12, 2015||Session Seven|
|April 9, 2015||Session Eight|
|May 14, 2015||Session Nine|
|May 20, 2015||Graduation|
Members of the Petoskey Regional or Harbor Springs Area Chambers of Commerce: $675, Non-chamber members: $775 (both rates subject to change)
Limited dollars may be available to provide partial scholarship support for those participants with financial needs. A separate scholarship form must be completed and submitted with the program application in order to be eligible. Forms are available by calling 347-4150 or via www.petoskey.com.
The total fee for the program includes session costs, materials, continental breakfasts, and lunches. Do not send payment with your application form. Payment will be due upon notification of your acceptance into the program, and must be received prior to the first session unless other arrangements are made.
LLT Steering Committee
The Leadership Little Traverse Program is designed and presented by the LLT Steering Committee:
Daniel DeWindt, Harbor Springs Area Chamber of Commerce
Carlin Smith, Petoskey Regional Chamber of Commerce
Thank you to these LLT Supporters for the 2013 / 2014 Class:
- Graduation Sponsor: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- LLT Underwriter: Dave McBride, McBride Construction
- Notebook Sponsor: Bearcub Outfitters
- Session Sponsors: North West Michigan Council of Governments, Insurance by Burley, Sunrise Rotary, Kiwanis Club of Petoskey, Northern Community Mediation, Walstrom Marine.
- Lunch Hosts: Petoskey Bay View Country Club, Turkey's Cafe & Pizzeria, PHS Hospitalities Program, City Park Grill, Twisted Olive, Julienne Tomatoes, Pond Hill Farm, LLT Class of 2013
- Transportation: Odawa Casino
- Photography: Petoskey News-Review
- Brew Ha Ha: City Park Grill
Leadership Little Traverse is a highly respected and well known leadership program hosted by the Petoskey Regional and Harbor Springs Area Chambers of Commerce. In order to keep tuition costs as low as possible, LLT offers the following menu of sponsorship opportunities. Consider linking your business/organization to this well-liked community program and our future community leaders.
|Lunch Host in-kind|
|Lunch hosts are experienced hospitality and restaurateurs who support LLT via in-kind contributions of food for an LLT session.|
|Session Host $250|
|As a Session Host, you will have the opportunity to join the class for lunch, briefly share an overview of your business/organization and provide them with information about your business or organization.|
|Binder Sponsor $300|
|Participants are provided with a binder at the beginning of LLT in order for them to have access to all the resources, tools and materials provided to them throughout the sessions.|
|Print/Leadership Books Sponsor $400|
|The Print Sponsor provides all printed material for the LLT participants including LLT brochures, session materials and leadership books for class participation.|
|Camp Daggett Sponsor $500|
|The LLT participants begin their leadership experience by engaging in team building activities at Camp Daggett. The Sponsor would provide support for the Adventure Education component of Camp Daggett experience.|
|Graduation Sponsor 2 @ $1,000|
|Leadership Little Traverse proudly recognized the graduating class each May with a warm, feel-good celebration.|
For more information contact Carlin Smith at the Petoskey Regional Chamber of Commerce at 231.347.4150 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org